As I concentrate on programming and hardware work you are not getting too much news here from the project. You can always visit and see yourself.
What has happened:
- Completely moved all hardware from my attic to the real cockpit shell
- Wired 3 headsets and got them working with online flying on VATSIM
- MIP almost complete (missing second FMC and Lower Display Unit
- All Glass Displays working through XPOpenGC and Rasperry PI’s
- Temporarily installed two small displays for visuals (I would say the Sim is currently well fitted for IFR)
- Heating and Cooling working but not yet connected to the Sim
- Done a few test flights and continuing to improve systems for 100% reality.
What will follow next:
- Development of three projector set up
- Development of a wooden house around the cockpit to hold the curved screen and the projectors
- Re-Engineering of Center Pedestal (rip off OpenCockpits and install SISMO hardware)
- Acquiring a few reserve Rasperry PI 4B and 3B computers (they are not available right now)
- Starting to build the Aft Overhead Panel
- Re-Engineering of the Fwd Overhead Panel (rip off OpenCockpits and install SISMo hardware)
- Complete installation of Audio / Intercom system controlled by Center Pedestal ACP and Aft Overhead ACP
- Testing and introducing Teensy hardware in order to later replace SISMO hardware
A few current images follow here … feel free to ask about any specific technical details.